Tama 6.5x14" Star Bubinga Snare Drum - Dark Green Cordia
Tama 6.5x14" Star Bubinga Snare Drum - Dark Green Cordia
A beautiful, brand new Tama 6.5x14" Star series Bubinga snare drum. Eight lugs, die-cast hoops, and all the other features that make the Star series a truly incredible drum—both sonically and aesthetically. Check out the sound file!
NOTE: This is a demo drum. It may show slight wear on head or hardware from in store demonstration.
“Bubinga wood, which TAMA introduced to the market, has become increasingly popular as a drum shell material. Because of their ultra-high density, Bubinga shells provide rich, fat low end as well as deep, dark tones. STAR Bubinga shells are crafted to be much thinner than their Starclassic counterparts. All the shells are 4.5mm thick, including the bass drums and snare drums. These thinner shells allow the Bubinga material to vibrate more freely, which greatly enhances resonance. All STAR Bubinga shells feature 9mm thick Sound Focus Rings (SFR), which provide clear projection and sustain for a distinct sound, as well as reinforcement.
- Air Hole - STAR snare drums have 3 air holes around the shell, instead of just 1 like on the tom toms, floor toms, and bass drums. These extra air holes lend a brighter, dryer sound to the snare drums and results in even projection in all directions.
- Super Sensitive Hi-Carbon Snare Wire - The Super Sensitive Hi-Carbon snappy snare features a specialized plate and winding pattern for the wire coils, and is made of hi-carbon steel. This results in a very crisp, sensitive snare sound on all STAR snare drums.
- "Linear-Drive" Strainer - The "Linear-Drive" strainer is designed for greater control of the lever adjustment arm and more precise control of the strainer's deployment motion. The strainer movement works in a true linear motion. Even if the strainer is engaged rapidly, you will not hear the typical "slap" of the snare wires hitting the bottom drumhead. To prevent the snare wires from loosening, this strainer also has a ratchet system on its tension adjustment mechanism. Single click adjustments offer a vertical pull of 0.083mm in wire motion, which allows for ultra-sensitive micro adjustments.
- Newly Designed One-Piece Lug - STAR snare drum lugs were designed with a clean look and bridge construction for minimum shell contact. They are just one piece to reduce the overall weight of the drum. In addition, both 13" and 14" diameter snare drums have just 8 lugs, instead of 10. This reduces the weight of the snare drum even further and offers in a more open, resonant tone.
- Snappy Bed - The shape of the snare beds is an important factor in any snare drum's sound. In particular, the sustain and sensitivity of the snare wires are heavily affected by the shape of the snare beds. STAR snare drums employ a different snare bed than TAMA's traditional shape. The goal was to create snare drums that have the same rich resonance as the rest of the STAR drums, but that are also very crisp and articulate. To achieve this, STAR snare drums have a flat bottom that provides even and consistent contact with each snare coil.”
CONDITION: Brand New
Brand New items are sold by an authorized dealer or original builder and include all original packaging. Products listed by authorized dealers that are unopened, new in box and are covered under the manufacturer’s original limited warranty.
Items that were opened and returned, have a cosmetic imperfection or were used as demo units in a shop. Many B-Stock items come with a limited manufacturer’s warranty.
Mint condition items are completely blemish-free and have not been modified in any way. If there are any blemishes and/or modifications, the item needs to be listed as a condition less than mint.
Excellent items are almost entirely free from blemishes and other visual defects and have been played or used with the utmost care. When an item has been used, but only has minor cosmetic defects, this can be considered Excellent. Minor surface level scratches, such as fingerprints or stick marks from regular use, would qualify.
Very Good (Used)
Very Good describes items with more cosmetic imperfections than Excellent, but are still in great condition overall. There may be some scratches, finish dings, slight keyholing or light pitting, but nothing that affects the playability or function of the gear.
Good condition includes items that are in fine working order, but have significant cosmetic imperfections. A cymbal with substantial fleabites, or an old snare drum with some surface rust on the lugs would be classified as Good. Items with dents, or corrosion qualify as Good as long as they are still playable and fully functional.
Fair condition items have various imperfections that impact the function of the item. Fair items aren’t broken, but have some minor functional issues. Examples of items in Fair condition are cymbals with repaired cracks, or a playable drum kit with several extra holes.
Poor condition items have clear functional problems that will generally require repair. Examples of items in Poor condition include a snare drum with broken lugs, a cymbal with substantial un-repaired cracks, or a drum kit stripped of its finish and missing hoops or other hardware.
Shipping costs are calcuated on checkout. International shipping is only an estimate. Some countries are more, some less. Contact us with your address for a firm shipping quote. No refunds on any International sales.
This item is sold As-Described and cannot be returned unless it arrives in a condition different from how it was described or photographed. Items must be returned in original, as-shipped condition with all original packaging.